Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Matt (Water Based) is an ultimate performance all surface paint. Designed for the long term decoration (up to 15 years) of timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete, cladding and more, it forms a vapour permeable, low maintenance water-shedding coating, re-coatable in 1 hour.
This product contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation. Designed for all exterior surfaces, Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Matt (Water Based) is ideal for new or previously painted wood, UPVC, galvanising, metals, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone, cured concrete and more.
It is also self-priming and will bond to existing glossy paints without sanding. For most jobs, there is no need to purchase a separate primer. After removing existing mould and mildew, two coats of Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Matt (Water Based) will ensure that any exterior looks bright and beautiful for years.
The first coat primes and seals the surface, providing a base for the topcoat. The topcoat completes the sealing process while providing additional moisture resistance and protection. This paint is ideally suited to exterior buildings with timber and metal cladding.
Once dried the paint film is classed as a treated article and contains the surface biocide 2-octyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one 0.06%, Diuron 0.15% & Zinc Pyrithione 0.06% by weight.
This product is not suitable for application on floors.
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Matt (Water Based) is a long lasting all surface paint offering up to 15 years performance, and is available in 4,000+ RAL, NCS and BS colours.
- Recommended for use on uPVC
- Also suitable for timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone and more
- Cracking, blistering and flaking resistant
- Long lasting finish
- Fungal protection
- Multi-surface application
- Also available in gloss and satin finishes
- This product is not suitable for application on floors
|Suitable For Use With:||uPVC, timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete and cladding|
|Typical Film Thickness Per Coat:||40 microns|
|Limitations:||Not intended for application to exterior floors, decks or any surface subject to water immersion or prolonged contact with water.|
|Shelf life:||2 years in unopened containers|
|Storage:||Store indoors at 5 – 25°C. Protect from frost.|
- ALLCOAT® Exterior Matt is available in a full range of BS4800, RAL and NCS colours. Multiple containers of tinted paint should be intermixed (boxed) to ensure colour uniformity.
|Drying Time @ 20°C and 60% RH|
|Dry To Touch||Dry To Recoat||Hard Dry||Fully Cured|
|1 hour||1 hour||4 hours||7 days|
- Up to 12m² per litre on non-porous surfaces. On porous surfaces coverage will be reduced e.g. sawn timber – 4-8m² per litre. Planed timber – 8-12m² per litre. Normal application is 2 coats, however an additional coat should be applied to areas of high exposure such as sills and fascia boards.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of any contamination that may interfere with adhesion.
- Remove all loose or peeling paint and chalky paint residue.
- Sand edges of any remaining paint film until smooth.
- New concrete, masonry and other related surfaces must be cured at least 30 days before priming.
- Remove all existing mould and mildew before painting.
- To effectively remove mould and mildew, dirt and chalky paint residue, use Zinsser Mould Killer & Remover or an exterior house cleaner following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Timber at risk from decay or insect attack should be treated with an appropriate preservative.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960 paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
|Application:||Brush, roller, or spray|
|Airless Spray:||Use .017” tip and high-medium (2000-2500 PSI) pressure.|
|Application Temperature:||Between 10°C and 32°C|
|Relative Humidity:||Less than 85%|
- Shake or stir well before using.
- Ensure air and surface temperature are between 10°C and 32°C and humidity is less than 85% during application and cure of the product.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight and maintain a “wet edge” to avoid lapping.
- Ensure conditions during application and cure are favourable, do not apply if there is a likelihood of rain, frost, fog or condensation affecting the freshly applied paint before it has fully cured.
- Clean application tools, spatters and spills immediately with warm water and liquid detergent; rinse with water.
- Dried paint on brushes can be removed with Zinsser BIN Brush Cleaner 1L, also available in 500ml. Follow equipment manufacturer’s directions to clean spray equipment.
- Remove dried product with a household cleaner; such as Zinsser Universal Cleaner & Degreaser, rinse with water.